Some Common Eye Diseases Are
Cataract: Cataract is clouding of normal human lens, in this condition the vision decreases gradually. Cataract is treated by Phacoemulsification -this surgery involves dissolving the cataract within the eye and implanting a foldable lens. Cataract is being treated with stitchless cataract surgery.
Glaucoma: A slow, painless disease which gradually destroys the optic nerve. Glaucoma can be easily prevented if timely detected by checking eye pressure and performing visual field analysis. Glaucoma is treated with eye drops, laser and surgery as required.
Diabetic Eye Disease: Diabetes affects the eye in many cases. The retina is often affected in uncontrolled, long standing diabetes. The treatment of diabetic eye disease is being done with green laser.
Facilities of Department
- Phacoemulsification (Sutureless Cataract Surgery)
- YAG laser (for after cataract and glaucoma)
- Green laser (for diabetic and retinal eye diseases)
- Automated Perimetry, (For Glaucoma and Neurological visual Field)
- Applanation Tonometry for Glaucoma.
- Ascan (Biometry) for IOL Power Calculation.
- Glaucoma surgery,
- Squint Surgery,
- Contact lenses
- EYE exercises (Synaptophore)
- OCT for retinal and optic nerve evalution.