Dr. Purshotam Lal is an internationally acclaimed Interventional cardiologist, who has dedicated himself to the service of humanity, especially the poor and the needy. Dr. Purshotam Lal has been trained at world renowned medical institutions in UK, Germany and USA. Dr. Lal is a Fellow of American College of Cardiology; American College of Medicine; Royal College of Physicians (Canada); Indian College of Cardiology & Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions (USA). Dr. Lal has the unique distinction of introducing largest number of procedures in the field of Interventional Cardiology for the first time in the country (he has more than twenty 'firsts' to his credit) such as Slow Rotational Angioplasty, Coronary Atherectomy, diamond drilling of arteries (Rotablator), Non-Surgical Closure of Heart Hole, Non-Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement, etc. Dr. Lal has developed new techniques of Aortofemoral Bypass Support (Partial Artificial Heart) and opening of tight heart valves with Echo without Cath Lab. He performed the first case of Non-Surgical Heart Hole Closure (ASD) with Monodisc Device and Aortic Valve Replacement with Core Valve for the first time in the world. His name has been listed several times in the Limca Book of World Records.
- Jawaharlal Nehru International Excellence Award 1990
- Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award 1991
- Dr. V V Shah Oration Gold Medal by Cardiological Society of India 1992
- Life time achievement award by Delhi Medical Association in 2002
- Padma Bhushan in 2003
- Dr B C Roy National Award 2004 forinnovations in Interventional Cardiology
- Padma Vibhushan in 2009
- Recipient of “Distinguished Achievement Award of Highest Order” by National Body of Indian Medical Association for performing the largest number of Angioplasties/Stenting in the country as a single operator
- Listed several times in ""Limca Book Of World Records"".
- World’s Greatest Leader title in India-UAE Business Summit, 2015.
- Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science (Medicine) by Shri Kalraj Mishra, Governor of Rajasthan at the convocation ceremony of Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, 2022
THE MOST DECORATED INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGIST BY THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA IN THE INDIAN HISTORY