Physiotherapy is a practical profession. Therapeutic clinical science is broadly composed of manual, mechanical and electrotherapies and achieve thermal, mechanical, chemical and electrical energy effects at cellular level sin tissues at different depths.These effects are regulated by the individualized dosimetry prescribed and implemented by the physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy include: Examination, Treatment, Advice and Instruction to any person preparatory to or for the purpose of or in connection with movement dysfunction bodily malfunction, physical disorder disability, healing and pain from injury, diseases, physical and mental conditions using physical agents activities and devices including exercises, mobilization manipulation and electrotherapy for diagnosis: prevention and treatment.
Because of the long year of the successful use of physical agents under different classifications the physiotherapist, physiologists and recent development in the science of physics and various branches of medicine has made it possible to develop a sound scientific basis for physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy why and when:
If the person is suffering from:
- Pain in the muscles, ligaments, soft tissue structures, nerves and joints due to sprain, strain and overuse injuries.
- Weakness/ stiffness of muscles/neuro-muscular control/nerves due to injury or paralytic/disease effects.
- Restriction of spinal extremity, joint movement due to arthritis, spondylosis, slip disc, fracture, surgery or any other pathology.
- Physical impairment, dysfunction or disability due to the disease, physical, mental condition or injury.
- Non healing wounds/ulcers / slow healing fractures/odema/ amputation/ adhesion of soft tissues.
- Breathing difficulity due to traumatic/obstuctive/ restrictive lung diseases.
- Diagnostic: examination, S D curve, muscle testing, ADL testing.
- Manual therapy: active/assisted/passive/resisted/graded resisted exercise etc.
- Chest physiotherapy: assessment of pulmonary functions, therapeutic functions, physiotherapeutic interventional procedures, (home care) etc.
- Obstetric, gynecological clinic: antenatal and post natal care, and other management.
- Geriatric clinic: help in ADL activity, pain free activity.
- Fitness clinic.
- Posture correction clinic.
- Physiotherapy tretment: for common muscular and skeletal conditions,pediatrics conditions, neurological conditions, sports injuries.
- Ergonomics clinic: sp. For MNC people.
Electrotherapy: S.W. diathermy, TENS, ultrasound, interferential therpy, electrical stimulation.
Mechanical therpy: traction cervical/lumbar/ pelvic. C.P.M.
Others : wax bath, hot/cold packs.
Physiotherapy department :
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Samujh
BPT;MPT(SPORTS MEDICINE) MIAP; LLB; CCP; PGDHHM; PGDCFS; CFN, CDM;
MS PSYCHOLOGY, PG GERIATRIC MEDICINE,MBA
HOD & Sr. Consultant physiotherapist (posture & ergonomics specialist)
- 2003: Award Of Honour For Rendering Excellent And Dedicated Services To Society; Prayas Samaj Sewa Samiti; Ghaziabad; U.P.
- 2001: At Annual Conference For Enthusiastic Contribution As Co-Conv. Student Co-Coordinator ; The Indian Association Of Physiotherapist; New Delhi
- 1999: At State Conference For Valuable Contribution As Convener Student Committee; The Indian Association Of Physiotherapist; Delhi State Branch
- Sports: Numerous Certificates At Cricket, Badminton, Tennis, Chess, (During School And College)
- 1989: Award Of Scholarship And Certificate Of Merit At The National Talent Search Examination; N.C.E.R.T.
- The Indian Association Of Physiotherapist – National- (Lifetime Membership)
- The Indian Association Of Physiotherapist – Delhi State Branch- (Lifetime Membership)
- Delhi Insurance Institute ( Lifetime Membership); New Delhi
- Council Of Physiotherapist And Occupational Therapist Membership; Delhi State Branch; New Delhi
- Various Articles Published In Leading Newspapers Of India Related With
» Backache Prevention Related
» Exam- Stress Counselling
» Stress Management And
» Posture Correction.
» Workshops With School Children w.r.t. Sports.
» Weekly article in Desh Bandu newspaper.
- Health Improvement Advice Aired On National Broadcasting Channels Like:
» Star News
» CNBC Awaaaz
» Total TV
» NDTV India
» Rashtriya Sahara
» Aaj Tak’s ‘Health Plus’
- Various lectures organised in leading MNC related to ergonomics and posture.